Sunday, May 6, 2012

Most Wise: I ask my mother to sing Li young lee.

She begins, and my grandmother joins her.
Mother and daughter sing like young girls
if my father were alive, he would play
his accordion and sway like a boot.

I've never been in peaking, or the summer palace
nor stood on the great stone boat to watch
the rain begin on the Kuen Ming lake, the picnickers
running away in the grass

But I love to hear it sung;
how the waterlilies fill with rain until
they overturn, spilling water into water
the rock back, and fill with more

Both women have begun to cry
But neither stops her song.

Why I choose it: I choose it cause it shows how much he missed, how much his family loves and or how much his family shows its traditions. He describes so much in this poem its really intriguing to me, it shows how much he missed how he could never really see the summer palace or how much he really missed when his family sung, that sad song they hold so close. This poem shows how strong his family is when his mom and his grandma being to cry but they hold together to finish the song, that shows true love and meaning to their family.

How I felt: I felt sad.

Favorite line: Mother and daughter sing like young girls
if my father were alive

No comments:

Post a Comment