Sunday, May 6, 2012

Must Humorous: We eat together By Li- Young Lee.

In the steamer is the trout
seasoned with slivers of ginger,
two sprigs of green onion, and sesame oil.
We shall eat it with rice for lunch,
brothers, sister, my mother who will
taste the sweetest meat of the head,
holding it between her fingers
deftly, the way my father did
weeks ago. Then he lay down
to sleep like a snow-covered road
winding through pines older then him,
without any travelers, and lonely for no one.

How it made me feel: Hungry

Why I choose it: I choose it cause it made me hungry and I want to eat now, however it goes to great length to show that he will share his food and remember eating with his parents. He describes the fact he is eating trout with ginger (Zach haha xD), two sprigs of green onion, and sesame oil. This made me drool cause it sounds really good when it is a cold winter day and you just want to eat until you get fat which I want to do. It makes me giggle a little when he says he is lonely but he has his family there ironic I guess but it made me smile.

Favorite line: In the steamer is the trout
seasoned with slivers of ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment